Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Codename: Coyote

Hi :)
New character project, main goal is to create fully packed soldier, slightly stylized. So she wears coyote kind of helmet and has parachute, which can be sucked back to backpack after landing :poly136:
Here are rough sketches of her, basic idea and silhouette.
Weapons will be SMG and revolver which I just started...
Can't choose the favorite yet, so more iterations will be later...
So what you thinks guys?

coyote.jpg
smg.jpg

Replies

• theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow great concepts!

I really like #3, it looks more like an unstoppable force then the others even if he looks more heavy (big fan of shoulder armors)
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    great sketches for coyote; 2-3 are my favorite but all of them are nicely proportioned. for the gun I like 5
  • Artwarrior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heslingshot : Thanks :) I do like 3 too, but I want somehow bring asymmenry to shoulders as on 2.
    itismario and Dan! : Thanks :), I'm going to redesign 5 slightly, will remove knife and some proportions will be tweaked as well.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    This is cool! The gun concepts are nice. Gun 5 grabs me, it has some awesome unweildy swagger to it. The magazine placement doesnt make a lot of sense though, it's cutting out all the barrel length -- maybe have it top load like a p90, and convert that magazine into a pistol grip for the grenade launcher?
  • spectre1130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    Nice concepts! Will watch this.
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SupRore wrote: »
    and convert that magazine into a pistol grip for the grenade launcher?

or space to make the blade retractable? thatd be cool.

I like 3 it looks pretty slick and functional.
    but really like all of them and the character! looking forward to seeing this progress
  • Jigsaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jigsaw polycounter lvl 12
    The overall concept looks really neat. I prefer the slimmer look of the first sketch, but I totally love the silhouette of the shoulders in pic 3.

As for the guns, all of them look pretty cool, but IMO 1 is just too puny and 2 feels like it has kind of a... compact silhouette, in lack of a better word. It's quite symmetrical and almost reads as a big oval. 3 and 5 are probably my favourites but neither of them feels really perfect. 3 looks a little on the boring side, and 5 just looks like it would be a little awkward to hold and actually use. It's not too far off though, with a few more iterations I'm sure you'll nail a really awesome design.
  • shinobix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shinobix polycounter lvl 16
    I really like SMG #5, but without the bayonette attachment. Maybe an underslung flashlight or laser sight instead would suit it better.
  • Artwarrior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits guys, I'll try figure out what will fit best within my goals.
    Definitely will remove bayonet, grenade launcher will be expanded, flash light and laser are there, but looks differently as we usually see them on real weapons ), will be more noticeable on the model.

Progress a bit slow, cos I've never designed weapons..
    Revolvers update:

revolver.jpg
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Those are pretty cool, Art. I'd take the handle from 1 and put it on 2; 1 looks nice and solid at the handle, but the rest is kinda dinky, while 2 has a good hefty look on everything but the handle. The other designs kinda lack that revolver shape.
  • Grimm_Wrecking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grimm_Wrecking polycounter lvl 8
    aw_po.png

I combined the elements I liked from them all, and then changed up the proportions.
    One of the things that really got me about all of them is how tiny the trigger guard/trigger were. I couldn't imagine anyone being able to shoot it especially not someone in power armor. I was painting over it with the idea of The Rhino since 3_ seemed to share that kind of feel. 6o'clock barrel instead of 12.

Or even 12 and 6 :D

Really dig the feel you've got going on here though.

As far as your smg designs. #1 or #5 or preferably a hybrid of the two.

Edit: #1 for the armor. It actually gives a feel of a coyote design imo the others start to lose that from the extra bulk.