Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Chess [a Project]

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Butthair polycounter lvl 11
Hey everyone, working on a new project.

Here's the concept. Done by one, Mr--Jack (Luke Mancini). Great art overall and it's worth it check it his awesome works.
Mr--Jack on DeviantArt
Sci Fi Chess Deviant Art Link

Sci%252520Fi%252520Chess%252520Concept_hiRes.jpg

At the moment I'm working on the Knight and finalizing a workflow to carryout for the other models. The focus is on hard surface modelling, rigging/animating (maybe..), and shaders within the UDk.

So, let me know what you guys and gals think about what I've got so far. Fixes, problems, ideas to take it further, life advice, etc.

TheKnight_1.jpg
TheKnight_2.jpg

The intention is to show wear and subtle damage (the little bumps, for instance, where bullets hit).

The shader is designed to control the painted parts color with a constant 3, there's also a parameter to control how intense the wear and damage are.

Starting to play around with the Dx11 features as well, (no tessellation yet!), just reflections atm. Also playing with the Phong and Aniso lighting models, there are differences and I'd like to see about making an Aniso flow map to really help pop things more.

I'll post some wires, textures and shader pics soon, but I know I've got touch ups to do here and there in the meantime.

Tutorials and references are also greatly appreciated, whether fundamental or complex.

That's all for now, time to pass out!

Replies