Home General Discussion

New in Polycount and this field

Kustodiev
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Kustodiev polycounter lvl 8
Hello Everybody! I am new here in Polycount and as I say in the title new to this field.

My name is Alfonso and I am 26 (sigh..) and although I am from Barcelona (Spain), I have been living in Prague (Czech Republic) for 4 years.
I have always been in one way or another in the design field, for the last years as a graphic design (website, poster, flyers, etc).

I guess some of you have been in the situation that you don't know what do you want to work with, or what to do with your life.
Even if you know is something design related, there are so many paths that one can take.

I can remember stages of my life where I was in touch with 3D.
On my younger years I got some old version of 3Ds max and Autocad and I was playing around with it, but nothing serious.
After, in the last year of my studies again 3Ds Max and me met again, I was playing with for a few months but I was more into other things like flash animations or just drawing and Photoshop.

But, 1 month ago, I cannot remember what triggered it, I understood or saw clearly that 3D was the path I wanted to take.
I love how many fields you can touch with just the creation of your design, game or movie.

Anyways, I hope to keep improving and get my place in the professional world.
I have been always more of a self learner (some times I wish that there would have been in my years the kind of studies that you can find now) and some things seem quite overwhelming (like UV mapping) but with practice and seeing some really interesting posts here I got to get better :D

So I will see you in the forums, I will post things I am doing, although right now are things out of tuts to make solid the base.
I got already some ideas on my head to begin to work with and I have in project with a friend to create an android Tower Defense game.

Advices and resources are more than welcome :)

Replies