Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Futuristic japonese tower

It's a futuristic japonese tower. A modular kit. The modular kit is not done. The windows is a little weird. I wonder if this model is correct for the new gen modeling standard. 10 000 poly the entire tower.

VhGWj.jpg

Replies

• lejeux
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    Welcome to polycount!

I wouldn't concern yourself too much at this point with what is "next-gen", and what isn't, you need to understand the basics of 3d modeling for games, and design. First of all, do you have a reference, or this this just coming out of your head? While I can see what your attempting, stylistically, much of the architecture doesn't make any sense. How tall is a person in relation to this structure? There appear to be steps at the base that are enormous, those windows are a little odd in relation to the rest of the building (the trim on them is enormous, and they don't match the scale of the balustrade), and there appears to be no way to get inside the building. And what is going on with the square holes on each floor?

Secondly, your model is faceted all over the place, you need to look into using smoothing groups to hands the normals on the model, remember, extruding or chamfering will give you hard edges, and that needs to be taken care of.

I would encourage you in your next project to go back to the basics, use heavy reference, and focus on replicating a real-world design. Think about why things are the way they are, and learn to get proportions. Look at actual height for doors, windows, and how tall a human would be in the scene.