Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Boring Weapons

Except for the falx, everything here got done over the past 2 weeks. Kinda bummed that its takin me so long to finish each weapon. I mean a cylinder with an extruded N-gon stuck to it shouldnt involve a 6 hour ordeal in Xnormal trying to get something thats mathematically flat, to look flat.

I just finished the shield tonight. It made me happy so I figured I'd post.

daneHandAxe.jpg

huscarl.jpg

thats engraved, just cant see it in the shot.

goodbyeMarmoset.jpg

falXmass.jpg

haft-wrapped_trudy.jpg
this ones been almost finished twice now, third times gonna be a charm.

bardRetop.jpg

retopo bardiche waiting for texture

once I finish those last two, im done with the axes (yay)

Replies

• MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you shouldn't talk down on your work
    it will make others think poorly of it too :(

Axe's are my favorite Melee weapon then comes large hammers

They do look a bit bland though...like the cloth like handle on the first axe is the most interesting part and the design on the blade on the second axe is its interest spot
    You should mix them :D
  • theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boring!!! naaah, but it still makes you look uninterested tho...

-Like madness said, mix the 2 first axes and it would look cool. maybe make the handles bigger, cause now they look like they will shatter to pieces at the first hit.
    -The texture resolution from the front of your shield looks really low compared to the back, the front should come first in how good the texture resolution should look. And maybe try to make that blue more like painted wood. No it only looks like you reduced the opacity of the layer in photoshop. But the rim and the back look good.
    -The katana is looking good, like the handle a lot! Maybe make the blade less bumpy? not sure tho.
    -The hatchet is looking good I think. I'm guessing the beige and red will be leather. anyway cool design.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comments.
    fixed the shield, looks all fresh painted now. wood grain shows too.

the first axe had an engraving on it, but i pulled it cause I didnt want all the weapons to look alike.

O I should probably mention that this is for a small weapons mod I'm trying to make for Skyrim. The game has such a cool Nord/Viking style too it; so I wanted to bring in some more "authentic" looking weapons. Since the real stuff back in the day wasnt all covered in spikes and hooks, like fantasy weapns tend to be, I figured Id call it "The Boring Weapons Pack."

Pole axe is three weapons down on my list. Kind of a misnomer, not really an axe, just a big ass hammer, with a spike, lol.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    two new members of the family...

spike.jpg
    spike...

oliver.jpg
    and oliver. this hammer will be getting nifty engraves along the corkscrew part.
    im actually thinking of changing it a bit and going with a flower/thistle and thorn theme.

on going saga of the hand axe texture...
    daneTest.jpg
    edge needs to be polished like a mirror, or close to it.

and fresh paint for the shield...
    shieldFix.jpg

paint on rough wood always makes think of getting sea sick.

finished the pole axe but its got some normal issues. once I get all this plus 2 axes textured its sword and dagger time. maybe 15 on my to do list, piece of cake, wont take me a week.(is there a sarcasm emote?)