Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Robot Bunny Ninja WIP

ProperSquid
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ProperSquid polycounter lvl 12
Hello all!

I was inspired to create a 3d model based off of David Revoy's Robot Ninja Bunny. (http://www.davidrevoy.com/index.php?article103/little-bot-bunny-free-3d-model-sheet) So, I'm part way done the high poly before doing a low poly, and thought I'd take some critiques as I work on the lower half of the body. If you need me to add a render with a different perspective, let me know. Glad to give it to you. :)

And without further delay.

bunny_bot_wip_08.jpg

Replies

• biofrost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    Looking pretty spot on so far but one thing I noticed(you may just not have gotten to this) but on the inside of the eye there seems to be little circle indents going around it and I can't see the neck pipe too good but it seems like it has little indents as well.

I circled the areas I was talking about. Hope I was helpful!
    2vss2tz.jpg
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    I have a weakness for spherical headed robots, good start so far, need better renders though!
  • ProperSquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello all,

I wanted to have some art to show today, but I'm fighting with the arms right now. (If you have any ideas how I can tackle the arms, I'm all ears!) So instead, answering questions time/ asking more questions!

biofrost: Actually I forgot to do the little dots around the eye. On my to-do list now. I've laid in a quick neck, but will probably cover it with a more proper neck later.

Bal: Good to know! Although, what would you recommend I do to make better renders?

Also general question: A person I know suggested I reconnect the chest to the pelvis. Originally I disconnected that because I wanted there to be some sort of flexibility when it came to twisting the character. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Is this change that I did good or bad?
  • ProperSquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bunny_bot_wip_12.jpg

Well, it took way too long to get to this point. If you need any more angles for the bunny, let me know. I plan to rework quite a bit of it between this and next week before I move to low poly.

Any comments or critiques is appreciated. :)