Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demo Reel - Growler Productions

Replies

• Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    Hey, welcome to polycount! Here would be my crits.

Drop the "Growler Productions" title animation, yes, it may add a little humor, but it's amateurish and lowers the overall quality of your real. Same for the long titles with your name, shorten that up a bit.

The car is your best work, lead with that, and follow with your characters. The girl, which you open with, If I was an art director, I might not have waited around for the cool automobile. And lead with the turnaround video, too.

When you render wireframes, make sure you check isoframe (for max), or just used the unsmooted wireframe. Turbosmoothed wireframes are useless, unintelligible, and the speed at which your characters turn don't give the viewer a chance to see them anyways.

Hope this helps!
  • GrowlerProductions
    Thank you for your crits.

I really appreciate your advice and will work on my reel.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I completely agree with Razgriz. Remember, people will probably judge you the most on your weakest work. Therefore, in your case, I would ONLY show the car. The characters simply look like they were made by a completely different person. Not only because of the modeling, but also the rendering qualityl.
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Same as above but more important for me would be to pose those characters. Avoid T pose at all costs. Also put some love in those textures.
  • GrowlerProductions
    Thank you for your responses.