Home General Discussion

ZBrush 4R2b

Replies

• Arcanox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    What is the issue? I actually haven't run across that in either R2 or R2b.

It's so weird how that stuff works with zBrush. It seems everyone has different types of problems, and there's rarely overlap. I've seen machines at work where R2 basically reduced their stability to nothing, and yet others where it was fine. People report all sorts of weird issues that only happen to a certain group and not others.

You'd think that a problem would show itself throughout the entire zBrush user-base.

I have a slower machine. It seems like whenever you try to use a brush on a denser model and you use many strokes there's a bit of a lag when the strokes get registered. The issue that they're describing is that when this happens, your model spins around and reorients itself and makes like 5 snapshots of the mesh inexplicably.

If I have the clay brush and I'm using a very low intensity to work on some contours, it happens. Basically if you hold down alt and tap the pen on the model 5 times it's sure to dump snapshots everywhere and having to clear the canvas and reorient the model to continue your work is a huge drag.
  • gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arcanox wrote: »
    IThe issue that they're describing is that when this happens, your model spins around and reorients itself and makes like 5 snapshots of the mesh inexplicably.

that's interesting. I have had that happen a few times. thought I hit a hot key by mistake or something. the machine is not that slow but the models were quite big so they max out the system, could have the same bug in that case. Its good to know its a bug bad to have the bug in the first place tho. no one on the beta came across this issue? it only happened a few times. crashing with dynamesh seems to be an hourly ritual tho I hope they have improved stability overall.
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tacit math polycounter lvl 17
    Arcanox wrote: »
    I have a slower machine. It seems like whenever you try to use a brush on a denser model and you use many strokes there's a bit of a lag when the strokes get registered. The issue that they're describing is that when this happens, your model spins around and reorients itself and makes like 5 snapshots of the mesh inexplicably.

fucken same. and. my activation just dropped out too so. . . fuck
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    tacit math wrote: »
    fucken same. and. my activation just dropped out too so. . . fuck

It does tell you to de-activate your copy of zbrush before updating it.

EDIT: Question to you guys;

If you download the Z4R2 from anywhere, I can use the same activation code to legally activate it right?

I have one original copy of ZB4, than I downloaded ZB4r2 when it was released, now this, reason being, I havent got a chance to organize stuff around my computer, but I dont want to lose to previous release.
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    It does tell you to de-activate your copy of zbrush before updating it.

yeah. what i mean is. after installing R2b. and it working ' fine '. THEN it's telling me my activation is bung and wouldn't run. thankfully it's allowed me to reactivate online with same details. . . hopefully that holds and i won't have to submit a ticket
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    for if anyone else has similar issues :
    ZBrush says it activates successfully, then immediately returns to asking for activation.

A: Version 4R2b includes a number of changes to existing features. Your CustomUI most likely includes settings that are no longer possible in 4R2b. Simply remove or delete the CustomUserInterface4R2.cfg file from your ZStartup folder. You will need to do Web Activation again, but this time the problem should be resolved.You will of course need to create a new Custom UI.

i think reactivating each fucking time will be faster than rebuilding the fortress from scratch
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Doh! I customized my ui quite a bit :x
    Also i would also like to know if it is possible to rune r2 besides r2b, not every client just updates just for the sake of new features, me including i'd like to be able to go on with working in 3.5 and upwards if needed, and i don't want or can't risk losing my working verion of R2 for a hair feature i rarely see me using.
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i seem to be able to run 4r2 alongside. but only when i explicitly do so as admin. otherwise it just hangs. fucker there is it won't allow me to run the window resizer utility on it when launched that way so i can't tuck the thing in clean and tight and still see the taskbar. . .
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    How did you install it? I thought its an update not a new installer
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey bro. yeah had just made a dup / backUp of the entire app folder before updating