Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Craig Reid, 3D Artist

Hey!

Craig Reid Porfolio: http://kragsmachine.com/

Alright I just wanted to post my portfolio and get some feedback. I feel like I could use some opinions on it as I have trouble finding paid work recently and things have been going slow. So feel free to comment on anything and be as honest as possible!

Thank you for your time! :poly121:
- Craig

Replies

• Kiser Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiser Designs polycounter lvl 12
    Ok first things first, drop the splash page. No need for it. Second, make the homepage your art work, not your bio. The first thing people need to see when they come to your site is your best work.

You may want to re-arrange the way your art is displayed too. Right now they load real slow... may just be my connection though... need confirmation on that.

Your art is good, though your renders seem rushed, on the turtle render I can see the word "camera". You need to fix that.
  • sky.west
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like your chair, its definitely looking bad ass. i'd like to see more examples of your 3D work though, and it might not be bad to give the viewer at least one big money shot of your models, along with some information. I had to dig a bit to find your work, you might want to think about putting some of it on you intro page, up front and center.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    make it simpler, first thing... welcome screen, kick that out.
  • AlexLeighton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seems a little bit dark to me, I find it a bit difficult to read. Maybe you could consider using a lighter color for the text.

One thing with your gallery is that whenever I click on an image, look at it, and then go back, it puts me back at the top of the gallery, so I have to scroll down all over again. I would probably set up the gallery so that you can see 10-15 thumbnails at a time, and clicking on one would enlarge the image without changing the user's place in the gallery.

For your trucks, it's unclear to me what exactly you did on them, since it says "model provided by client." I interpret this as saying that you only did the textures, but I don't know for sure.

I love the chair though, gives me the chills looking at it.
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    You may want to re-arrange the way your art is displayed too. Right now they load real slow... may just be my connection though... need confirmation on that.

Same here, when I click on things like the homefront screenshots. (I don't have slow internet)
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    your art looks good, but maybe less navigation and focus more on presenting the art right away. remember that recruiter/HR people look at portfolios everyday, you gotta make yours show right away what you are capable of, rather than your web design skills.