Home Digital Sketchbooks

Pete Bottomley's Sketchbook

Hey guys!

I'm more designer than artist but I like to have a dabble so here are some of my projects!

petebottomley01.jpg

petebottomley02.jpg

petebottomley03.jpg

As I remember this project was around 2 weeks in length. It was for the WoLD Storytelling Challenge.

Replies

• Pete_Bottomley
    Here is a 48hr challenge I set myself creating a modular building set with the UDK. I purchased the 3Dmotive tutorial on it a while ago but never got round to checking it out properly so here is my response to that.

It took 2 days to complete (hence the 48hr) and then on the third day I build the lighting and sorted out lightmap information. The scene has its faults which I can learn from but rather than tweak them I wanted to start a new project and develop my skills further.

Technically designers don't need to know how to model and texture, but if they have a bigger skill set then it helps a lot in the process. The models and textures arent the most amazing, simple, but I think I communicated all I wanted from it so please check it out and let me know what you think :)

I also updated my progress on the WoLD forum if you wanted to follow the progress
    http://www.worldofleveldesign.net/forums/showthread.php?1938-Modular-Building-Practice

Cheers!

day03large.jpg?w=740

day01large.jpg?w=740

day02large.jpg?w=740

night03large.jpg?w=740

night01large.jpg?w=740

night02large.jpg?w=740
  • ladyknowles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ladyknowles polycounter lvl 7
    Pete your stuff is amazing! :D Even as a designer your models are great. I absolutely love the lighting in both scenes.
  • Moshbeast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i love the very first image it looks damn awesome and the 48 hour challange is cool aswell wish i could work that fast :P