Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Glock

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Geexile polycounter lvl 8
Hello folks,
So i made this model mainly for texture/surface studies ,i`m trying to push my texturing skills further..since i notice i have some problems with metallic surfaces ...... any comments and critiques are welcomed and probably would help :).
Thanks from now.

Glock1.jpg
Glock2.jpg
Glock3.jpg

Replies

• ankit98104
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not bad but i think you should more improvement in texture like you should concentrate in color harmony and used some bump also...GLOCK_23.JPG
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,
    Thanks for the suggestions,i made some specular changes and add bump values to plastic part....hopefully this looks better and more real.
    OldGlock1a.jpg
    OldGlock2a.jpg
    OldGlock3a.jpg
  • OddEyes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like your gun. Only the plastic looks still kind of undefined, maybe a bit more specular.
    Did you also modelled the magazine?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's pretty good from what I can tell. I don't know how its unwrapped or what the tri/poly count is or how its constructed but it looks like the object it was meant to represent.

If I had to offer a crit (and I feel obliged to) I think you went a little nuts on the damage and scratches. I'm not sure which gun owners tie their weapons to the back of a vehicle and drag them around town, but most of the guns I google look like they are in pretty good shape. But there could be more story behind this gun than we know about.
    (Mind you if you're now thinking of some back story to explain the damage you probably messed up ha...)
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The model is almost 1k tris,980tris to be exact.
    haha :) well no ....i don`t have story for the gun.Or at least not in the traditional way, ill be including that asset and many others in one level that i`m working on right now,ill start pretty soon new topic about that project....so its post-apocalyptic level with a lot of damage,but never the less i think your right and i have to reduce some of the scratches,damage etc. on that gun .I guess i go pretty nuts on the damage :)
    Thanks for the comments and critiques folks,happy holidays !!
  • AngryMindtricks
    it's a good model so far, my biggest concern is probably the warping deformity of the handle's texture, unless there's dents in it and the perspective is playing tricks i would probably try fix that? very nice start though =)
  • AngryMindtricks
    also some wireframes would be nice :D