Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi Battle Tank WIP

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Eclypse polycounter lvl 7
Hey Everyone, I've always been amazed by the work on this site. I've finally decided to post a wip in hopes to get some tips and feedbacks. I am still finishing up the low poly model. There are still a few holes that needs to be patched and n-gons that needs to be split into quads before I start the hi-poly modeling.

Concept Art by Alex Jaeger:
tank_concept_alexjeager.jpg

Day 1: tri-count thus far 4037
wip_day1.jpg

Replies

• Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, Batman got hard-core!

Nice so far, but can you show us a few side / front views like the concept?
  • Eclypse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclypse polycounter lvl 7
    @Valandar: sure, i plan on putting more view once i'm done with the low-poly.

Day 2: almost done with the low poly modeling still gotta model a bit more tiny details, then its off to unwrap and high poly.

tri-count:8795
    wip_day2.jpg
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    This is looking really nice. I like the slanted wheels, very different. I think you're losing some of the "snugginess" from the concept. The front might need a little more tapering too. And by snugginess I mean the compacted feeling of the vehicle, the turret for instance sticks out upward a little much and the cross bar on those slanted wheels is more floating than attached to the armor above. Try a version where you push the characteristics more, just for experimenting.

Anyways, it's coming along and looking sleek.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    you're back tires don't really look very round, more like egg shaped.
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The rear wheels don't need to be round. From the looks of it they appear to be some kind of material (rubber or otherwise) on a track loop circling a central hub. If that's the case the central hub will remain stationary and only the outer ring will rotate, meaning that it can be any shape it wants to be, the mechanism will be hidden and they'll act like catapillar tracks from a conventional tank.

This is just a simple work around from what the concept shows and they could just be stylised normal wheels in the concept itself.