Home Technical Talk

Texel-density visualizer Unity3D

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
osman polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys, I made this visualizer that I thought someone might find useful. It's far from perfect, but it's a good start. I'll work a bit more on it soon I hope. Any suggestions/questions are welcome :)

DOWNLOAD

Here's an image showing what it does:
finalTexel-195x300.png

EDIT: woops forgot to mention that I have some uv-tools for Maya to go with it, but those are VERY messy. I'll have lots of free time soon, so I'll try to upload those too.

Replies

• Brendan
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    I'm wondering, if you copy the UVs into the second UV channel, and hit show lightmap resolution, wouldn't it just do a similar thing with the checker boxes?

Your work does look kinda interesting though, could you post more screenshots?
  • osman
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, yeah the lightmap one might work too :) . I just like to be able to switch all objects at run-time to this shader and see which objects have too high of a texel density etc without worrying about messing with 2nd uv channel and being in-editor mode etc.

About my work, thanks! I'm quitting my job soon, so I'm in the process of collecting all of my work and showing it off soon, but right now I don't have too much :)