UDK - destroyed city

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    images are not displaying

Edit: k now there's a link. Put [IMG][/IMG] around that link

EDIT2: looks pretty good. you should have some more in the background though, as it seems to just empty out into fog. in areas that you have broken concrete/brick, make the texture more noisy.. for example, the building in the center of the shot, looks like the building pieces broke off and then had a good polish. needs to look as if it were violently broken away. the bricks on the left seem washed out a bit. level your textures to get them a bit darker. id maybe also get some destroyed cars and put them in the street. there's a bunch of tires, but no cars.
  • coronagalvez19
    tnks for the feedback, i do agree with you, i'll add more cars and work in my textures to make them look better :)
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    awesome. lookin forward to it.

also, for the links.. dont put any spaces between the tags, just the link itself
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Hey, Man. This is pretty cool. Some of the better work you see come out of Ai, even San Diego. I will say my biggest critique that a lot of your grunge just ends up looking a bit cloudy. And your normals aren't being pushed enough. Too flat.
  • re.wind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rather than "destroyed" (as in, broken, annihilated, ruins, ruble, not a city anymore, etc.) this looks more like a recently abandoned, possibly post-apocalyptic town. Mainly a description nitpick, nothing more, nothing less.

It looks, and sounds very well, and i couldn't help but think of dead island. :)
  • coronagalvez19
    i agree, ive never been good with names :P
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    looks really good, i'l second the idea of more background detail, even just a good texture plane and a few low poly buildings would help bring it together.

the one thing that stood out was the angel statue, not quite sure what it is made of (in terms of material definition).
    judging by the color i'd say copper, but the specular is reading more like wet concrete. Try throwing some gold+bronze highlights in there to really make it shine
  • Rick_D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick_D polycounter lvl 12
    it's a bit late but everything feels very short and out of proportion. maybe simply filming from a lower angle would make it feel more impressive, or perhaps just scaling the buildings vertically nad throwing some fine details on the roofs.