Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Jake Virginia, Environment Artist

Hey everyone I am Jake Virginia. I have Two plus years, of creating 3D environments and game-ready props. Coming up with efficient ways to model,
texture and light props and scenes, as well as learning to develop my skills in composition and design.
Producing well lit compositions to match specific artistic styles. Experienced in group efforts and working in a
collaborative environment, following requirements and teaching others through my experience and knowledge.

This is my new website www.themeshmachine.com please take a look and tell me what you all think about the layout and portfolio pieces. and feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work , I like the portfolio overall. Looking at the individual pieces I think you got some cool things. The tri-count on the first character though. 22k tris? Seems heavily un-optimized. The orcish sword seems a little bit misplaces, mainly because you got environments and characters then you have a whole section for the sword, which is probably the weakest piece you've got especially compared to other Warhammer stuff you see around these forums.

Other than that, nice work on the portfolio layout! Nautilus environment was really nice, with a great breakdown.
  • jk_virginia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks I will be taking the higher poly character and sword off as soon as I get the chance I will probably be putting several characters up soon.
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Some cool stuffs.
    You should make a separate page for each section, it's annoying to re-click on the "project" navigation button every time to go back to the gallery.
    I would prefer to put your real name in the big title unless of "Mesh machine".
    Works are well presented : clean and efficient.
    I would put the mine environment before the sword, since it's a environment and you want to sell yourself as an environment artist, not a weapon artist.
    Maybe it's better to put the icons on the bottom to the contact section, so people can reach you easier instead of searching them at the bottom of the page.
  • jk_virginia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    those are some good suggestions thanks I will work on that