Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Gold Teeth, Sledgehammer, and Butt cracks.

Meet Ruben, he's a charming but pissed off average joe just looking to make it in life.

This is a work in progress rendered in Marmoset.

beauty1.png

Face

facebeauty.png

Wires 7200 tris

beautywires.png

Sledgehammer VERY WIP

sledgehammer.png

All textures currently 2k for Ruben, 512 for sledgehammer. Going to reduce the 2k's to 1k eventually.

This project is for my final at school. We could make anything we wanted as long as it is on a turn table. So I took it upon myself to learn Zbrush and the workflow of making low poly and high poly and baking and all that. This is my first character. I've learned a lot already about this process. Im hoping to get this guy wrapped up by Thursday to present to class. I can't wait to start on something else now that I have a better understanding of the workflow and how Zbrush works.

Material critiques much appreciated! I can't really change the model with the time left but if you see something wrong, please point it out as I can remember for my next project.

And does anyone know an easy way to pose this guy? I need to learn how to rig...

Anyways, I hope no one likes it and everyone can point out where and what I can improve.

Thanks

*** I don't know why there is a seam behind his head. When I zoom in and out of Marmoset it goes away and comes back... so idk dudes

Replies

• Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Jowens wrote: »
    I don't know why there is a seam behind his head. When I zoom in and out of Marmoset it goes away and comes back.

Sounds like a mipmap issue. Do you have enough padding around your UV islands?

As for critique: technically it's pretty good, but the design is bland as hell.