Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Creating a portfolio, how i got tired of lurking

DarkSquirrel
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
DarkSquirrel polycounter lvl 17
I've been lurking at this site since i was in highschool (2005) Now i wanna actually start getting some of that critique I've been hearing about, that makes you so good at this 3d Art thing.
So basically i'm building a portfolio that i need to send out soon, so i'm seeing what work i have sitting on my computer that I should use, fix or throw out.

I look forward to your reply's.

Hugh Laurie Model I was working on.
CustomSkinned_hughLaurie_baseHead.jpg
CharacterModel.jpg
asianarmorbw.jpg
HeadModelZbrushCustomshader.jpg

This was work i did for a resume piece to show quick visualization of a Revit blueprint to 3d render inside of Thea. Should i include things like this?

WarehouseRender.jpg

How about oil paintings i've done like these 2 oil on canvas works.
portrait.jpg
Dale_2hrs.jpg

Thanks in advance for your time.

Replies

• Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    HAh should have done it sooner, Cool Stuff Dood!
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe have the oil paintings in a separate gallery.
    The thea render I would not include, since game art and offline renders like that are quite different and it don't look that good to be honest.

Do you have anything finished to show of?

The face looks good, although I think it looks a bit to blobby.
  • DarkSquirrel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkSquirrel polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks Albert. One thing about never posting any of your work is that you never know how bad or good it might be.

@Strom
    nothing 100% yet, that's what i'm working on now. I want to see what of my current works i could recycle or finish. Thanks for the Critique on the Dr.House face, i thought it was a bit lumpy.

As for work i should finish and add to, how are the 2 characters I showed (headless guys)? Should i finish those and keep them in high rez or would it benefit me to finish them with lo-poly (realtime) counterparts?

I'm gonna enter the mutant league challenge, do you think a finished lower poly model would round out the portfolio?

Also a more general question, if i have no industry work experience, what should my resume realistically look like? or is that but, a footnote to a good portfolio (as an artist of course).