Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Graveyard Diorama

Moosebish
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
I've been working on this little graveyard scene for part of my senior project.

I originally had a much bigger scene in mind, but decided to trim it down so that I could just focus on making a handful of props look really good instead of a whole scene of mediocre ones.

There is still a bunch that I'm working on and I'll continue to update the thread and I finish stuff.

Right now the biggest things I wanna do is to make the dirt messy around the edges so that it looks like a little model. I'm also trying to figure out another light source...

Anyways, any critiques would be great, otherwise you can just heap praise on me. (joke.)

dML3X.jpg

And here is a close up on the angel in the center, right now I'm planning her to be standing on top of a much larger and grand"er" grave marker...

7hTJC.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

Replies

• Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an update on a few of the textures and how the statue will be placed in the scene.

The normals are funky on that tombstone...

JS59l.jpg
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    the scene looks pretty good, id maybe add more variation to the ground texture. i think the weakest part is the statue. focus more on the cloth. there seems to be no real folds or definition. also the wings have no feathers. it just looks like the silhouette of a statue at the moment. you should look at more references maybe?

358348218_10c91bed61.jpg
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya, I agree with you. Here's the reference I used for it.

cqYsj.jpg

I spent a couple weeks on her, on and off...

I'm going to tweak the dirt, I'll probably add some stones on the path for starters. I also want to add dirt clods around the edges so the edge isn't nearly as harsh.

Thanks for the tips!
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an update on how everything is going. I've been working a lot with the lighting lately, trying to get the shadows just right.

Next update I should have the dirt clods around the edges of the terrain..

Ky8iw.jpg
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the final images of the project, I'm gonna set it aside for a little while now.. I've spent a lot of time staring at this scene :D

Critiques and comments are much appreciated. Thanks for checking it out!

GsO7H.jpg
    ugh, just realized the back side of that wall is wide open in this shot... How did I miss that!?!?
    6iLVh.jpg

AGXXS.jpg