Home Unreal Engine

Huge seams after building lightmass.

Hi guys, I'm having a huge issue with lightmass producing seams on some of my floors.It only seems to happen in spots where builder brushes intersect. I've already tried setting all the lightmap resolutions to 1.0, but that didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions on how I may be able to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what it looks like in the editor after I build lightmass:
lightmass.jpg

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    personally id ditch using BSP. export the meshes you have in the scene into max (or maya or whatever) and build one floor mesh for it. you will not have any issues because of this. to be honest thats really the easiest fix rather than mess around with lightmap settings and such, and trying to match lighting between bsp and static mesh could be a bit daunting.

also. reducing lightmap res (for bsp) to 1.0 is only for shadow quality.
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    It looks like in the top picture that your floor section is not totally flat. That there's a slight height difference between the two sections where the seam is.

I'd have a close look at this in wireframe mode. Also you could try fiddling with the brush order to fix the seams. BSP shouldn't create seams like this.
  • Dr.cube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think you're right about the brush order being part of the problem.

I fixed the seams by triangulating the BSP brushes that had the seams on them.Odd fix, but it worked. It also seemd to have fixed the high difference in the 1st picture.