Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character model[WIP} - need crits

MiragentGames
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
MiragentGames polycounter lvl 5
I started working on a character model a few days ago. got alot of it done just want some crits on what can be improved...the texture on her clothing is a temp texture until ive got the whole thing modelled.but the hair is the final texture.
Editor2011-12-0922-17-48-68.jpg
Editor2011-12-0922-17-31-24.jpg
Editor2011-12-0922-17-22-59.jpg

Replies

• Senor Freebie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Having the hair intersect with the body doesn't look too good. Also, I'd say either the eyes are too far apart and / or too small.

Also, at all points you're using hair, while the texture, in a sense looks photo real, it doesn't seem to come with transperancy. Perhaps it's a good idea to either cartoonify the hair more or split it up a bit.
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    FYI, edge of the lips will generally disect the pupils from straight on...or at least come close. Your eyes are wayyy to spaced apart, unless thats what you wanted then kudos!
    :D
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    It's hard to say what's a stylistic choice and what may be an error sometimes. I'd recommend looking for some reference of stylized art that fits what you're trying to achieve and really analyzing it to understand why it was stylized that way.

I do think the head appears to sit on the neck in an odd way. The facial features are difficult to see (if not looking closely all I see are some eyes and no nose or mouth). I might try giving her some eye lashes and or some subtle eye liner to separate the light eyes from the face. Some slightly darker and more saturated lips would help with the mouth. The skin overall could use a little more color in it- just some really subtle touches here and there (blush, warmth in the nose, slightly less saturated and darker under the eyes, etc.).
  • vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    This looks really creepy, there is a floating head in the background..

is this a ghost story scene?

Editor2011-12-0922-17-22-59.jpg
  • MiragentGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha not a ghost story scene....i just did the model in stages...and i had all of the stages displayed. I thought i deleted them all, but i guess not. Its so hard to get a"head" these days v.v...
  • MiragentGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres an update...I'd say its gone up a step or two ;)
    Editor2011-12-1204-36-50-15.jpg
    Editor2011-12-1204-36-13-73.jpg
    Editor2011-12-1204-35-06-68.jpg
  • terry1337
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    is it me or does the head look to big and heavy for the rest of the body?
  • KartoonHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    This scares the absolute life out of me. Her expression makes her reminiscent of those replica statues that appeared in Majora's Mask whenever you played the Elegy of Emptiness. /shiver
  • MiragentGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol yes! ive terrified an unsuspeting victim :D!