Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Stadium] Tether Ball, Phattyewok

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
Sooooo I thought this up during lunch between classes and I hope its allowed. Going for a WoW look and feel. Think Orgrimmar for all you World of Warcrack users out there. I really want to see this one through considering I often don't finish these.

Here's a blockout of the tether ball pole with gruesome ball :)

Blockout_TetherPolewsize.jpg

Warcraft Orc used as size reference

Also a quick little layout

Tether%20Ball%20coliseum%20layout%20copy.jpg

Hoping to get this sucker blocked out by the end of the week and do a couple paintovers. Not too much of a concept guy but will give it a whirl...

Suggestions Crits Etc? Much welcomed:thumbup:

Replies

• PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on this guy. Finals are over and I'm ready to kick this one in the rear.

Blockout_stadium.jpg
    blockou_stadium2.jpg
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    Haha cool idea and nice execution so far! :)
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So a little inkling of progress here.. I know the deadline is coming up soon.

I started this texture today and realized about 3/4 of the way through that this doesn't really fit the Orc theme as much.

comparison.jpg

-edit-

I kept the old texture just slightly reworked. In the interest of time I'm going to keep it but will most likely go back and revise it a bit more to fit with the Orgrimmar style

Also Modular Stairs
    ModularStairsWIP.jpg

At the risk of being that guy who updates every 5 minutes I'm gonna call it a night and will be updating once I get more work done. Any suggestions crits help would be much appreciated. Thanks:thumbup: