Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Liliana Vess - Magic the Gathering

null
Hey guys!
I made this project at the CGWorkshop - High-end Fantasy Game Art Creation.
I always wanted to do something about MTG world.. so this time I chose Liliana Vess..
The model have 14.744 triangles, without the base and the 3 balls in her hands, in this week I'll post some wires, the texture maps, a turntable video and other angles of the work..

I consider this project finished because I have so much other projects I want to start but please feel totally free to critic and comment. :)

shots.jpg

Replies

• Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    looks awesome dude if i had to crit though i'd say her eyes look a tad too big but that could just be the angle of that shot

more renders please :)
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Skin looks really nice. Can we see some flats?
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Illusive wrote: »
    looks awesome dude if i had to crit though i'd say her eyes look a tad too big but that could just be the angle of that shot

Probably just the combination of the glowing and the eye shadow.
  • Rafazchies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rafazchies null
    Thank you guys! Yeah, I think the big eye is because this nasty glow! I changed it now but I'm not sure about it.
    LRoy: For sure,here it goes :)

edit: I don't know why.. Photobucket destroys the quality\colors of the images :/

Flat:

flat_lighting.jpg

Some Angles:

shots.jpg

Wires:

wires-1.jpg

wires2.jpg

Model:

model_only.jpg
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Nice work, she looks really great!!

My only crit is the drapery of her skirt in the back. It would not bunch in and curve around her bum, it would drape down from the body once it got past the widest part of her hips.

Otherwise, good stuff!
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    What does your spec look like? The skin shader looks really nice. I can never set up mine in marmoset.
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dem boobs seem too big, but maybe it's just me. I'm scared of huge milk factories.

I really dig the texture work, especially skin.

Topology on some static parts seem really strange, but maybe it's no big deal as they won't deform.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    she only does the glowing eyes when she's casting spells:
    http://magiccards.info/query?q=Liliana+Vess&v=card&s=cname
    Otherwise she has regular eyes:
    http://magiccards.info/query?q=Liliana+of+the+Veil&v=card&s=cname

She also has glowing tattoos when she casts spells (although apparently after getting the Veil she loses that because she fucks up the demon she bartered with for her powers)

</magicnerd>

I think the glowing eyes are a bit too big and remove a lot of the character. I think your cheeks are a bit too sallow as well, they are not as full as they could be and kind of sink in, frontwise, which looks awkward.

Skin looks great. You might want to spend a bit more time on the spell effect and give it some particle flames.
  • Rafazchies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rafazchies null
    Sorry the late on answering guys!

Mezz: Thanks!!! :) Actually, the drapery bothers me too!

LRoy: Thanks man! Later I'll post some images of the spec and if you'd like I can post the setup from Marmoset skin shader too :)

Uncle: Thanks!! About the topology.. as it don't deforms I only focused on preserving silhouette with the less amount I could.. but this is my first female character and my second game character, as I always say, next will be better! :)

Ghostscape: Wow!! You seems to know everything about MTG! Man I wasn't gonna make her glowing tatoos but I changed my mind! I will make today! :)
    About the eyes: you think they're so big? Is not only the glow that is giving this impression?
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    haha yeah I know a bit, I play a lot and a buddy of mine is eager to fill me in on any lore I miss. I think the eyes in the mesh look to be right, but the glow is making them read as too large. I'm no character artist though.
  • Rafazchies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rafazchies null
    As promissed, here's the specular images and the tatoos..

Ghostscape Cool! I played untill the 8th edition.. Then stopped and now started to play MOL :)
    Btw.. Made the tatoos, but it's not looking as good as I thought.. First I made it glowing but looks weird, so I made it darker like Liliana from Aleksi and from Kekai...
    Here's a quick image with the two types of tatoo:

tatoo.jpg

What do you guys think? It's better with or without tattos? I think it's better without..

A spec turntable:

spec_turntable.jpg

The textures:

textures.jpg
  • Rafazchies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rafazchies null
    Well, I think is it. I must go on to the next project!
    Hope you like it!

final-10.jpg