Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Job: Microsoft Private Cloud

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
So I thought I would share with you guys what I did during the past summer.
I was looking for a job and applied literally everywhere that offered something related to the 3d field. For 2 months, I got no response, and the ones I did get were almost all negative (In the sense that they told me they had enough employees ect.). Then one nice summer day, I open my email (I almost stopped checking it at this point because I didn't believe I would get any), and there in front of me was an unread email.
It was the director of Integrated Talent asking me to a phone interview for a Microsoft Private Cloud/Hewlett Packard campaign video. I went NUTS.... After calming myself, I did the interview later that day, and ended up getting the job over 25 other applicants. The deadline was really harsh with less then 2 weeks to complete my assigned tasks. I ended up staying till 5 in the morning a lot of nights because we kept changing things and going through revisions as I sent in updates.
I was assigned 2 main (Hero) vehicles and from those, I had to create the interior, exterior, and about 4 variations of each. Please note this was my first job. :) Please enjoy.
Concept of both vehicles:
Concept2-1.png
concept-4.png
(I was provided storyboards too)
With out further a due here are some work in progress pics:
SPACESHIP ENGINE DESIGNED BY ME:
engine3.png
engine4.png
SERVER HIGH POLY:
bake5.png
SERVER HIGH POLY WIREFRAME:
bake6.png