Home Unreal Engine

UDK Kismet (Matinee) easy question

Hello,

I've been using and experimenting with UDK last few months, so this will probably be easy as cake for most of you.

I have an elevator set up, controlled with kismet and little unreal script (custom sequence action). The problem is with matinee animations.
I have 4 floors and 4 switches (one on every floor). I also have matinee animation for every combination for moving interpActor (elevator) between floors (12 matinee anims).
What is bothering me is that after I play some matinee animation (let’s say from floor 1 to 3) I cannot play the same animation later again.
I know that animation should be rewind to be able to play again from the start but I cannot do this, because this would mean sliding the elevator back, which I don't want.

Problem situation:
1-3 ok
3-1 ok
1-3 not ok

I've tried to connect COMPLETED and STOP nodes of matinee to "rewind" back after completed but no luck.

Second try
My first and more attractive attempt was also making one matinee for 2 moves. So matinee animation for moving from floor 1 to 3 was also matinee animation for moving from 3 to 1, just connected in REVERSE node of matinee. This worked up very well, but the problem was if I tried to play reversed before normal forward play.

Problem situation:
- One of matinee animations is for floor 1 to 3. If initial position of elevator is 3 and I want to go to floor 1 (play matinee animation 1-3 in REVERSE mode) I cannot because animation is still on start (it hasn’t been played forward).

In both cases I somehow don't know how to control matinee animations.

Many thanks for helping me out. :poly121:

Replies