Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STADIUM] Quidditch, Ryper

*EDIT* Sport changed from quidditch (damn not being able to change titles)

While the chances of me getting this finished on time are low, it is still something I'm looking forward to cracking on with to use as a learning exercise.

My current idea is to have some sort of floating platform in the sky above the clouds on another planet. It will be suspended/held up by some form of balloon/s, or mutant creature's. I want a kind of scavenger look to the architecture, picking bits up wherever they can, And of course, there has to be some fatal traps lying about the place :p

Very rough idea at this stage, but I'll get a better feeling for it once I crack on with blocking out etc. For now though, a mood board!

p.s. if you want to know what hurling is: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzivRetelE"]Hurling - The Fastest Game on Grass - YouTube[/ame]

And finally good luck polycounters!, should be an interesting challenge

moodboard1.jpg

Replies

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    I'm pretty sure fictional sports aren't allowed, check out the Contest's Q&A thread since it has been clarified there.
  • Ryper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, there is an actual quidditch league somewhere in america, but it doesn't involve flying ofc, ill have a check, thanks for pointing it out
  • Ryper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turns out quidditch isn't allowed :p, Instead I'm going for Irish Hurling, a mix between rugby/lacross. Mood board stays the same as I like the concepts
  • Ryper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While I havn't had much time to work on this yet, I managed to get a rough block out together to get a feel for scale/the idea I want to follow.

I've moved away from the floating idea, I tried a few ideas but they just didn't look right, so instead I went for a large mutant arm that will extend from underneath the clouds and will suspend the arena in the sky. Maybe crushing it slightly so get some funky geometry, but ill get to that in a few days when I get chance to play around with it some more.

blockout1.jpg