Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STADIUM] TBC, mryogesh123

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mryogesh123 polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, first up thanks Polycount for an inspiring challenge. The TBC, well as usuall i need some help with a final idea (i've narrowed it down). I want to try and get a mutant and environment done, its a long stretch but since the specs for this are fairly low it shouldn't be too hard. Also if anyone is struggling with ideas, by all means you are welcome to use some of these. keep in mind I mite use some of them as well so if people dont mind two different takes on one idea, then its all good with me.

First i thought of doing a market place styled arena targeting UFC cage fighting or any other kind of fighting. The idea is that its a backstreet/dodgey arena for the mutant sector of a future city. It would be filled with illegal gambling, voilence and the fighters will be treated like gladiators/dogs.

The second idea was a lab senario where the stadium is more of an exhibition centre for the study of sport enhancement. The sport in mind was basket ball and the mutants are test subjects that have been engineered (mutated) to be the pinacle players for the sport. The idea is that its a closed off room with glass viewing areas for scientists and other business partners.

The third idea is based off horse races. The stadium being more of a commercial mutant stadium in a world where humans are no more. The idea for the horse race is based of a symbiote relationship where the rider and ride are both one. the jockey being a symbiote upon the horse(mutant).

A few ideas there, i will build up a style sheet and concept ideas once i have a decision as to which idea to go with. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks guys :)

Replies

• mryogesh123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mryogesh123 polycounter lvl 10
    Okay guys, after looking at some reference, i decided to go for a UFC octagon done in a gritty underground theme. I still need to get a good reference sheet together for some of the ideas, but i want something similar to the fight box in babylon ad and the grittyness of unleashed. I will get the ref sheet sorted so you have a good idea of what i intend to do with the project. I did initially decide to do a basketball court but changed my mind in the end. I have a concept for a character that i would like to post but do i need to start a seperate thread for characters?

Here is the basemesh for the UFC octagon. still lots to go on it.

intial%2Bstart%2Bup.jpg

Will try and keep you updated as soon as i can, busy with work and sorting out some portfolio stuff as well so mite take a little while.