Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Ezra Lau, 3d/2d artist

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
eazy polycounter lvl 9
Here's the link to my portfolio blog: http://ezralauportfolio.blogspot.com

Any feedback on content, layout, or how you feel at the time, would be welcome. :D Oh, and I am currently looking for work, too. Thanks for checking out my stuff, polycount peeps!

Replies

• wolver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    layout wise the sketches feel alot stronger than the 2d section, might be worth adding some of your better sketches to 2d just to boost it.
    also in the 3d section i didnt realise that you could click through to details for each image for a second, could make those images more 'previewy' rather than show of the whole model.
    order of content in the 3d section - should not have an art test first becasue an art test is not your best work.
    glglhf
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Hey there! IMO you should just integrate your sketches into your 2d section, since it's technically like the same thing. Beyond the homepage, I don't think category tabs are necessary either, for example after you click the 3D tab on the homepage, I think all the 3D should just be there on one page without having to click further links. Some of the your links even open up to just one image! Same goes for the other pages. But I really really love your animation work, it's awesome :D although I would take out the tennis guy at the end, it's not really an impressive finish compared to your other stuff imo. Good luck!
  • eazy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eazy polycounter lvl 9
    hey you beautiful polycounters!

I've just recently updated the layout of my portfolio site. the content is still a bit old (and poopy) so I'm most interested in hearing about the user-friendliness and what your overall experience was like. THANK YOU SO MUCH. <3

http://ezralauportfolio.blogspot.com
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Wow. How did I miss that hammer in Darksiders competition! Really great! I think if you're aiming to be a character artist, you definitely need a lot more work overall, and it feels like your 3d skills for characters needs improvement, as well as just more stuff.