polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
MainManiac polycounter lvl 11

Replies

• Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    look for proportions like men usually have wider shoulders than there waist also check what happens to your arm when it rotates since it seems like the correlation between hand and forearm are off. the muscle that comes from the ear to the bottom of the neck meets almost at the middle and then goes bellow the bone, your belly button is to high and the pecs are weird, those are my 2 cents anyway
  • PixelKitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great work so far! Take a closer look at the kneecaps though, they usually aren't a very solid form because there are several separate bones that make up the structure beneath them so it doesn't look uniform or symmetrical like yours. I'm no anatomy expert but that part did look a little off to me.

Overall, awesome though! I am envious ;)
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Belly button is after the 3rd ab and is at line with the elbows

Thanks for the crits guys!
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Looking good, but some things are abit wonky, mostly due to a lack of definition. You've really defined your upper torso and arms, but everything else is a bit lacking, and some places just didn't seem to get any attention at all (the legs, in particular the back of them).

The deltoids seem a bit small/underdone especially when surrounded by massive pecs, biceps, and trapezius, and it's taking away from that "V" shape you would expect from a man built like this, and it's giving him a weird silhouette.

silhouette.jpg

I'd also say that the structures around the abs could use more definition, and that his torso would look better with more of a taper to the waist, right now from the pecs down is a bit of a straight line. I think we might see a bit of the latissimus dorsi poking around from the front, helping to create that "v" shape for the trunk.

These are just the things I see looking at this.. hopefully some of it is helpful.

Also, remember, while "the belly button falls after the third ab" is one of those rules to follow, actual anatomy doesn't always follow these rules. Look at reference photos and you'll see how rare the perfect rule-following scenarios are. I think the placement of the belly button will look better when some of the other problems with the torso are sorted out.