Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Raziel - Soul Reaver WIP

Hey there everybody, current project in which I've been aiming for a character of under 1500 tris, so aiming for modern handhelds. Currently at a tri count of 1464 with a 512 diffuse and normal map (also an emissive for the eyes) and eventually a spec map. He started life of as a simple base mesh in max prior to being sculpted, then resculpted from a retop in which GoZ proved invaluable. Any case here is progress so far in which I'm looking to improve upon further. Currently for me further diffuse painting is required and to try and get in a little more colour information to make him a little more interesting. Any comments and pointers are welcome =). Rendered in the xoliul 2 shader.

wipraziel.jpg

And here is the sculpt in case people are interested.

92860283.jpg

Replies

• Cheese_Shinobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheese_Shinobi polycounter lvl 9
    That old character, eh? He was one bad-ass vampire back in the days. Good choice!

You´re proportions are off, I suggest reviewing your concept and adjust the model. What concepts do you have at the moment? The color scheme is correct, but I think you could make it even more interesting.
    Also, rigging the guy and giving him a pose will make it alot more interesting to look at, but as noted, go back and study the anatomy. Good luck!
  • BlueEagle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again polycount, thanks for the above Shinobi I went back and done some tweaking etc and delved in further on the texture something I've really enjoyed and always looking to improve. Here's a few poses shown within UDK mobile keeping to his character. The tri limit definately went and showed it's limitations to me whilst posing/skinning but feel I got something workable.

tiled2.jpg