Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Melon Hammer

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Geexile polycounter lvl 8
Okay so one new game asset for my portfolio, critiques and comments are most welcomed :poly121: .....especially in regards of the textures :)
Hammer.jpg

Thanks from now !

Replies

• Dismembered
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dismembered polycounter lvl 9
    Looks pretty cool, did you use reference? And I am not sure if it is intentional but you have waviness in your texture near the top of the hammer. As it stands, your metal doesn't read to much like metal to me. It reads more like stone, you might need to have a second look at your spec.
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hay,
    Thanks for the comment.
    Yep its from reference,but i change some things ..... because i felt the original one ...kind of boring .. so yeah here is it with some fixes ....hope that`s better :DHammer_2.jpg
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    btw i`m not sure if you meant by "my metal" the green stuff...but thats oxidized copper..its not supposed to look like metal...or i think so :D something like this ...
    copper.jpg
  • Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the colour and feel of the oxidised copper looks pretty good tbh, but the only thing i'd do is add a blurred or fuzzy reflection map (better to do this with a very small amount of visibility for the reflection so it doesn't appear to chrome like) to the parts of the brass/copper surface that hasn't oxidised yet.

If you're using UDK you can do that by giving the diffuse a very dark grey alpha for the visible metal surface areas and either plugging a blurred cubemap or blurred image of an environment into a LERP to blend the diffuse and reflection together via the alpha map.
  • desktoppirate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    desktoppirate polycounter lvl 11
    Hey that looks really nice, you nailed the copper IMO. The only crit i have is the pig? head on the handle, it looks funny rather than menacing. I think its the eyes.
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hay ,thanks for the comments.Okay so i add some more shadows in to eyes area....try to exaggerate them more...i hope that works better now... and i played a little with lightning ....its really slight different ,but ill work on that .
    Hammer_3.jpg
    Thanks!