Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Hellcannon of Chaos (Warhammer) - Sourcefiles inside

Fraeger
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Fraeger polycounter lvl 8
Ok, so I finally got around that thing off :)

Special thanks go to Florian Zender and Sebastian Schulz for help with Effects and Lighting.

Concept by Games Workshop

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBoZ-Sa1Mw&feature=channel_video_title"]Hellcannon_Youtube.mov - YouTube[/ame]
5jvr-3q-1afa.jpg
5jvr-3r-65de.jpg
5jvr-3s-9fc3.jpg
5jvr-3t-0252.jpg
5jvr-3u-7f1d.jpg
5jvr-3v-42a0.jpg
5jvr-3w-3988.jpg
5jvr-3x-013d.jpg
5jvr-3y-e00d.jpg

UDk Files can be downloaded here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G09MGHUC

And please make sure to Check out the new Trailer for Spec Ops The Line (the Project I`m currently working on) tomorrow on the Internets.

Have fun :)

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks cool, although I think that the small sculls on the cannon lacks a bit depth, seams really flat in some of the screenshots.
    Also file was unavailable for me.
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    I want to say this is badass, but it's almost too much detail. My eyes don't settle on anything. There is just SO much there. IMO, simpler is better but I'll go ahead and say it anyway man 'cuz you obviously put a lot of work into this, it's pretty badass.

Though I'd love to see what this would look like if the cannon itself didn't have all those skulls in it. Just simple steel texture and some rivets maybe. But again, I understand if you want to keep it that way due to the amount of work you've done here.
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    The presentation, lighting, and overall darkness of the entire piece don't help with the clarity either. Like Gobee said, pretty awesome level of detail, but I can't digest any of it.
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Looks great and adding to what everyone said. It just seems to have to high contrast in detail and textures that it's very hard to read the object. It's like everything has the same level of wear and tear when it comes to the metal parts. Also some more material definition would add to it. look at the metal compared to the rock, it almost reads the same in values, specular and contrast.
  • Fraeger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fraeger polycounter lvl 8
    Ok, so first thank you for the comments. They are very helpfull and I will definitly keep them in Mind for my next project.

The sourcefiles are back online again btw :)
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot polycounter lvl 10
    I think I am going to have to disagree with the comments on the object looking too detailed.

Warhammer models and art are all about the intense detail and gothic noise and I think that Fraeger has captured that style perfectly.

Take a look at one of the models and you'll see that there is a lot going on there:

hellcannon_chaos_warriors.jpg

While I agree that a personal project may benefit from some better definition, I think that this particular one stays true to its source references - keep up the good work! :)
  • Ikosan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    needs more skulls :P
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    I'll agree with @SirCalalot. I think that there are places for my eye to rest when I look at it. My eye is definitely being drawn to the mouth of the cannon. If there was to much detail, then I would get confused as to the area of attention. Great job with the piece!!!
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Really nice work, well done! The skulls look a bit flat in the side view, but in the right lighting they look very good.
  • Darkmaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkmaster polycounter lvl 11
    Love this! Great work here!
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    I agree. Warhammer models can be hard to look at because of amount of details they have.
    OP model do not have this amount of detail. I think he captures well balance of details. It's much easier to look at it and focus.

Though I'm warhammer fanboy so i cloud just be used to it ;p.
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting the Warhammer vibe instantly, chaos is all about crazy little detail. No crits, just faps.