Home Unreal Engine

Landscape Collision Errors

I posted this in the UDK forums at epic...and no one responded...hopefully you guys are ready and willing to help :)

So we're having an assignment for class using the landscape...I'm having a problem with mine where it seems like the collision is off and isn't "clinched" to the landscape (if that makes sense...)
I'll just show you what I mean...
So I made this pathway that the player can walk up...
pathway.th.jpg
But I have no clue what happened while I was editing the landscape. This is being affected at multiple spots but this is the best example...
throughgroundshot.th.jpg
as you can see I can walk right through the mountain. Now, if I try to move over to the other side of the mountain then the collision seems like its in the pathway...Also you can see that I can shoot at an invisible collision. So to me what seems to be happening is the collision is off. It looks like to the right of the path it has moved over pushing me into the mountain...
Does anyone know whats going on and can offer a solution?

Replies

• ultramedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
    never ever move or scale or rotate a landscape (or terrain for that matter). It makes them go completely mental. Also, if you're generating your terrain from a height map (i.e. satellite imagery or the like) make sure you don't have any completely black pixels in it (i.e. 0 height), this frequently refuses to have collision on it for me.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What if you want more vertices in the Landscape? Higher resolution relative to your characters. The only way I could find to do this is to set the XYZ scales to smaller numbers. I haven't tested the collision yet though.