Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tyrael's armor

Hey all,
I'm new to this whole CG stuff, but found it to be really fascinating. I'm recently hooked up with it when I attended BlizzCon's artist stages, and have decided to learn how to make all these beautiful things.

I have posted my intro in the general forum and was suggested to post my progress on my work here so I can get some feedbacks and advises from you guys.

A little about myself: I'm a computer science major recently graduated from school. Have learned a great deal about how CG works from a programmer's point of view, including why triangles and quads work the best in games, how colors and transparency blend, how shaders are used to produce texture, how raytracing is used to produce reflection, etc. I used to learn drawing a few years back but unfortunately have stopped after I went into college. I have used maya to make simple low polygon character and used skeletons and rigs to animate it. And this is about it.

My reference:
Tyrael_armor.jpg

Added gloves and wings. Seems gloves is a bit off but cannot really tell where. Any idea guys?
gloves.png
Texture reference:
Tyrael-Diablo-Widescreen-Wallpaper-GamersWallpapers.com-.jpg

shoulder texture
shoulderTexture.png

A bit better texture this time
shoulderTexture.png
Adjust the armor thickness a bit
original_GcfP_24d5000071511261.jpg

Replies