Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Jurassic Park (W.I.P)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
richwderby polycounter lvl 6
watch in hd

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVuHWxpVD84"]UDK Jurassic Park Scene - (Not Finished) - YouTube[/ame]

Still got loads to do, here's my to do list atm:

Make the fence taller + add lights on it
Car
Straw in the toilet area
Texture everything
Vertex Blending for the puddles
Flash of lightning
T-rex footprints
Improve the toilet area (modelling + textures)
sort the dodgy camera

Replies

• Limewax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Limewax polycounter lvl 6
    As far as your camera move goes, I dont think you really need to take us over the car. Also, you could start the move from about 6 seconds in... those first 6 seconds arent being useful at all. When we approach the doors, they should be closed as first, but then open as we approach. Finally, the camera move could have ended at about 44 seconds and I would have been satisfied. From 44 seconds and on, the camera flys to a place we've already seen once before and nothing has changed out there.

I know you have sort the dodgy camera on your list of things to do, but a bad camera move may kill any of the work you want to feature. You may want to consider sorting fly-throughs a bit sooner
  • WetWired
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you might need to revisit the scale of some of your assets in general, my eye immediately keyed everything off the size of the leaves of your trees and bushes and by comparison everything else felt tiny, the gate wasn't very imposing and at first I couldn't tell what burning thing was until I realized it was a car.

Lowering your camera to human height will help somewhat but I think the trees and foliage and killing your sense of scale overall.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Rain-sound needs to match the actual rain, right now you had "dripple" kind of sound when it should be much more intense. As far as the jungle go, it should look more natural, make the terrain or whatever slope upwards on each side of the road. It's not noticable if you have a low camera of course but if you have a high one like you do it looks awkward.

Other than that you're well on your way to something pretty cool! Good work.
  • nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    Good start. Are the rain and the environment effects (wind, fog etc) all default UDK assets?