Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Bob Kreut, Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Kreuton polycounter lvl 9
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums for too long that I thought it's finally time to actually participate instead of just gawking at the work. There is some amazing and inspiring work that goes on here and am excited to be apart of it.

I've recently just finished a 3d program here in Vancouver and have my demo reel to show for it. I was hoping to get some feedback and critique on it. I can take criticism well, so don't feel you need to hold back. It would be very much appreciated. :)

The demo reel can be found here: BobsDemoReel.com

Thanks everyone

Replies

• Veko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loved those gypsy trailers !
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    I couldn't believe that hand-painted scene was 3D until the camera started moving. Really awesome work!! For the realistic scene it would have been cool if the candles were flickering and if there was a bunch of food on the tables. I liked the funny posters and stuff though :)
  • Christian Hjerpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Christian Hjerpe polycounter lvl 11
    I think the shot outside just before the camera starts to zoom in need a little more stuff. The street feels really empty now. maybe just add simple stuff as barrels, boxes etc.

Also like Jessica said the candles should flicker. I think that would add a lot to the whole atmosphere.

And speaking of the scene with the two trailers,that was really amazing!! More of that stuff!
  • Kreuton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kreuton polycounter lvl 9
    Hey thanks a lot. I appreciate the kind words.

I did have the candles flicker, but I think it really died down once all the encoding and compression took over. I'll bump it up to try and compensate for that. And watching it a few times I agree that both the inside and outside shots could use a bit more love when it comes to adding smaller prop details to fill it out. I'll start on that. Thanks for the feedback!