Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another Day Another Floor

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Assassin0323 polycounter lvl 7
Going for a realistic floor tile for an old amazon style temple that has been around for a long time. Learned a lot from the last one tried to apply all of that knowledge to this sculpt. Let me know what you think, please comment and critique it as you see fit. And as always enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my work!

NewFloorSculptCritique.jpg

Replies

• Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    110% more cracks, pock marks and broken tiles!

Most of those subtle edge details in between the bricks will get washed out at lower resolutions.

Add in the occasional tilted or missing brick. Think about bringing in other elements like roots, leaves or other material types to make it a little more interesting.
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon,

Thanks for the critique, will do on the cracks and pock marks! The idea is to create a base version then go in and do a super damaged version with moss, major cracks, and general dirt. So that way I can vertex blend between the two. That was the plan anyway. I will definitely go in and add the cracks along the edges along with the pock marks to get a better base version, then I will destroy the hell out of it in the damaged version.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my work and critique it.

Alex
  • jetskee96
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The tile looks like its new tile thats trying to have that "old warn" in look... something you would buy at home depot. If that's the point, win for you.
  • Assassin0323
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey sorry it has been a while been really busy recently. I have the clean version finished and baked out, gonna go back and tweak the texture a little bit more. Finishing up a version with cracks, damage, and what not. Let me know what you think so far though all critiques and comments are welcome as always.

Rendered in UDK
    NewFloorUDKRender.jpg

Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag

NewFloorMarmosetRender.jpg

Texture So Far
    Floor2Maps.jpg