Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Infamous 2 and Festival of Blood

Replies

• Coridium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coridium polycounter lvl 15
    Great too see, nice mix of work you created for the project. Thanks for sharing.
  • euclidius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    euclidius polycounter lvl 17
    really inspirational work here! and you're an Illustrator too? a person that wields two blades- I wish I was creatively ampidextrous- :] awesome work man.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    Haiasi wrote:
    the reason I only have it on one of the bolts is many times in life there will be unexplained grunge that exist in one spot but not another. There will also be tiling textures everywhere in life. The exact opposite can be said as well. It just comes down to artistic choice if you want to grunge every bolt or just have it be A-symmetrical. I personally choose the A-symmetrical route 90% of the time.

indeed, nature can be quite surprising at times.
    But assymetry doesn't have to mean a '1/0' choice. i think the best solution would be keeping one long stain and putting small stains below other bolts.

but i can imagine that during development there's no time to customize details so much.
  • thezeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waw really awesome works there :D
    can you share to us about your texturing method?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    You mean execution? Texturing environments for games typically uses tiling textures. This is a little quickie I threw together a while ago on how it works.

Also, having a shader with vert paint support and a height map to "paint" in grime and other textures.

tilingTextureTutorial.jpg

Also the forum member Dan! posted this image in another thread as well

tilinEX.jpg