Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bramble Mk 2

Hey guys, here's something I've been working on recently. I'm trying to recreate Ashley Woods' Bramble Mk 2. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Bramble_Mk_2-Concept.jpg

Bramble_Mk_2-01.jpg

Bramble_Mk_2-02.jpg

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    I'd soften up those edges a little bit, as the support loops seem to be really tight up against the edges. I may be wrong here, but I'd think you wouldn't pick up too much normal map info from those bakes.
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Burton - nice! I agree with Darbeenbo about your control edges. Just for the sake of them baking better I think you should loosen em up a bit, as tight as they seem to be in the concept. When you get the hands and gun in, I think it will look great, and especially looking forward to the bags xD
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with softening the edges here and there. It looks a bit too stiff with it all being very tight-edged. And jostle some of the pieces around a little - make it look like they don't fit with such exacting precision. It's what'll give him character rather than looking like he just came off a sterile production line.

I think you could push the curves that are in the design a little more. Especially the elbow-wrist edge - in the concept it's a very smooth curve (that continues through the edge of the hand). The front of the shin is also a smooth curve top to bottom in the original design.