Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fink-tastic

Hello everybody. After being encouraged by a friend to post this sometime ago, I figured I should go ahead and do this. Ive been trolling this site for years but have never posted any art, wanted to wait for something worthy of showing, hopefully this is a good start.

Let me know what you think.
peace.

www.seansmailes.com

Replies

• Z3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Z3D
    And you started very well. I like your Webfolio style!

You have good zbrush entries, and lowpoly.

Things to do > the information about each entry, in first step I couldn't see them, some time later I saw them in the lower left .
    Another thing, I can't read this sentence which has your email contact , it can not being affixed on the base!
  • KINGKIRBY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man! My email is also located in the resume section ;) but I did tweak it abit, thanks.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    this is awesome
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    damn, you have good taste. Lots of great work in your portfolio too
  • KINGKIRBY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the praise Lonewolf and Sandbag, its appreciated. Sucks to see more artists looking for work! Seems to be the way of the land these days.

Lonewolf, I had a look at your website, all I can say is "Holy $h!t"! I am simply blown away by how clean your lowpoly weapons are, I bow down to you sir. I would love if I could get a few pointers on how you get such clean normals. What little hard surface stuff Ive done has not come out nearly as clean, I seem to have to put a ton of polys in my "low poly" for it to look decent. Do you have any hints or tutorials you can share?

thanks again
  • Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    love your style! great work dude
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Lol, I looked earlier and thought you had just posted a ceramic model that you were GOING to try to model. Missed the Marmoset thing in the corner.

In that case, yeah it's great, maybe someone will make a ceramic model of it now ;)
  • KINGKIRBY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ty illusive!

Baddcog, I've actually been asked about having this printed out, unfortunately, when I began this project I did not have this in mind, alot of the item details only exisy in the textures, so the amount of work I would have to do to get it to print out the way I would like is high. I have had plenty of people tell me they would love it on there desk, so who knows, maybe one day!
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    KINGKIRBY wrote: »
    Thanks for the praise Lonewolf and Sandbag, its appreciated. Sucks to see more artists looking for work! Seems to be the way of the land these days.

Lonewolf, I had a look at your website, all I can say is "Holy $h!t"! I am simply blown away by how clean your lowpoly weapons are, I bow down to you sir. I would love if I could get a few pointers on how you get such clean normals. What little hard surface stuff Ive done has not come out nearly as clean, I seem to have to put a ton of polys in my "low poly" for it to look decent. Do you have any hints or tutorials you can share?

thanks again

whoa thanx for the nice words, there are alot of tuts here on polycount, guess your new here
    but u should look around here and u will find excellent tips and tricks (check earthquake's thead)
    My way of doing the baking will take more time and alot more work
    If u still wanna go my way, after im done with the M4 im gonna do a write up of some of the workflow

Thanx again for the comps

:)
  • OtrickP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OtrickP polycounter lvl 9
    Nice stuff, keep it up!