Home Digital Sketchbooks

Seraphinn - Digital Sketchbook

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Seraphinn polycounter lvl 4
Here's my digital sketch book, will most likely be 3D characters or accessories. I do like Environments..but i have to be really motivated. Keep checking back. Critiques are widely accepted and welcomed.

Replies

• Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working on some concept pieces that fit into a game design ive been working on, WIP still so any criticism is welcome

384628_10150415406444263_613684262_8693618_2054250981_n.jpg

386426_10150415406344263_613684262_8693616_2103793519_n.jpg
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The final design, decided for more of a cartoony feel to it, bigger hands & feet etc

GilgameshPosed.jpg
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a quick roughing out of shapes and topology for the model, took about 6 hrs or so, need to work back over it and complete it properly

Gilgmeshrun1.jpg
  • gillmeister74
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gillmeister74 polycounter lvl 7
    Your ship looks good as well as the hallway, I would say your character reminds me of a kingdom hearts character crossed with like a blaze blue and naruto guy. I would say try to mess with his hood a bit more cause it looks a little funny and really push for a fun silhouette. Can't wait to see progress man
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks..the ship took quite a while, would like to finish it but unwrapping it in max seems to be, how should i say, uber slow? lol

Yeah ive totally redone every aspect of the model, posting up images soon
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    totally redone head, new topology and topography Untitled-2.jpg

New arms :D..more realistic, might alter and make the hands normal, still have bandages to put on...any ideas?

arm.jpg
  • Stoop_Kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your hard surface 3D modeling seems to be going well. I like the corridor the most; it's pretty sweet with the modular assets and the nice lighting.

As far as the character model goes, I think it would be more exciting to have a better silhouette; even though the inner detail of the concept is interesting, it's more compelling if that silhouette is awesome. Aside from that, I was curious if the model of the head is the high poly model or if there were other things in the scene (the poly count seemed to high for the detail.)

As for the hands, the fingers are a little nub-ish. But to make something interesting, I would propose gloves or some armor in addition to bandages. You could take the idea/shape of the armor on the shoulder and repeat it on the arm, which could help make a really sweet design.

Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more art soon.
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, the corridors lighting took forever to work out.

The model has been redone :D..so i think i prefer the new model, yeah as far as the polycount, that accounts for the whole model, the head hits around 3400 (3800 with eyes)

Yeah the original design for the arm had big fingers and a big hand, but i think normal hands look better.

I hadnt considered adding armour on the arm...wanted to keep it free, but might knock up a rough idea , think the armour on the shoulders needs redoing =\..one of those..looks cool 2D...but not 3D
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, so heres an update..spent a while doing the hair (really need to learn more)
    model has been redone topology wise, aswell as the way it was initially modelled, so for instance in the old model the belt and scarf was just one mesh, whereas now they are done via several meshes overlapping.

Polycount is reduced too, which is a good thing, still only at around 22k, and considering usual counts for games are 30k these days, still have a fair bit to play with.

Sword needs to be redone, if not redesigned, also the masks also need to be modelled ¬_¬
    Untitled3.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P.S I hate modelling in this pose, never does make the model look any good lol, just hope once i rig & texture it it looks better..

still have a few bits to change, both model and design wise till im happy with it

As always, critiques welcome
  • Cybersam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybersam polycounter lvl 8
    Your 3D is pretty good. However your 2D needs to try to follow human antomy a bit better. If you can improve your 2D concept pieces, you can turn out some better looking 3D Models :).

Can we also see more zoomed in Wireframes of the elbows and the head?
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybersam wrote: »
    Your 3D is pretty good. However your 2D needs to try to follow human antomy a bit better. If you can improve your 2D concept pieces, you can turn out some better looking 3D Models :).

Can we also see more zoomed in Wireframes of the elbows and the head?

The final drawing went for a more cartoony approach, way to big sword, bigger hands and feet etc...was playing around with ideas, the model has actual human proportions...just didnt look right

Heres the wireframes for the elbow and faceUntitled212.jpg

And heres an update for the model, changed a lot of things this time round ..getting happier with it bit by bit..
    Untitled21244.jpg

And finally..heres a question to all of you reading this, any idea how i would go about doing the normal map for any model, my laptop doesnt seem to like sculpting packages like mudbox or zbrush (they open and then ..crash as soon as i stop sculpting)...and my laptop maxs out polycount wise in max at around 200k-400k

any suggestions?
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome.jpg

Quick update, havent done much since unwrapping takes the piss on my laptop
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been doing a quick texture, having problems at the moment, been a longg time since i textured anything, Just block colours at the moment, with an Ambient Occlusion map.

Sheath and sword have a metal and leather texture (hand made) on an overlay layer to give them more detail. Till i figure out a way to make normal maps without using Sculpting packages

back.jpg

front-1.jpg
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update, tried going a different way with the model, kinda doing it on the fly

ssdsds.jpg
  • Seraphinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update, since my nets been down...been a busy few days so aint been able to do much on the model

Alt_Gilgamesh.jpg

Alt_Gilgamesh2.jpg