Home Full time/Part time work

Paid - 3D Character + Environment Artist

Digital Drifters is a US-based mobile games developer seeking multiple character and environment artists that can create low poly characters and environments with hand painted textures (no normal/spec mapping). This is a remote based contractual position that will be paying per asset via PayPal. We need roughly 20 characters and 10 semi-compact environments, so this will be a medium length project. We expect development time for the entire game to last another 2 months, so art will need to be finished promptly to keep in line with the rest of development. The art style (in addition to being hand painted) is similar to World of Warcraft type art (genre is fantasy as well).

We're also looking for riggers/animators for said characters.

For consideration, please email zach@digitaldrifters.net with links to your portfolio.

Note: We are using UE3, so existing knowledge regarding the Unreal Engine is a plus. To clarify, these characters will have a "cartoonish" feel similar to some of the most popular mobile games on the market now. We will however enhance that cartoonish feeling with a little Unreal Engine type realism. This project will be based entirely in a 3D environment.

Replies

• DigitalDrifters
    Digital Drifters is still in need of character and environment artists (as well as animators) for our next upcoming mobile title.

We've had a lot of great responses but we want to be clear that we require low poly, hand painted textures that stand on their own without normal/spec maps. The majority of applications thus far have showcased nice high poly assets, which are of no use to us.

If your portfolio doesn't include low poly, hand painted assets, link us images that showcase your experience in creating this type of art!

And one last thing - PLEASE NO ZIP/RAR FILES!
  • Iciban
    Offline / Send Message
    Iciban polycounter lvl 10
    hi, I just applied for the position. Hope to hear from you soon

www.wuangus.com
  • ScottJ
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottJ polycounter lvl 13
    I have a few questions if you are able to answer them.

You mention you would like these done promptly, how long would you estimate an artist would have to work on each asset? as there is a lot to be done in 2 months

also will we be given concept art to work from, mood boards or just a design brief?

how big are the environments, you said semi compact we looking at a couple of caves, house interiors, village?

and finally what limitations are you imposing for each asset (poly count texture size?) and have you got any art to compare the standards to? reason I ask is this more indie or more triple A title, and also relating to the size of the environment.

I understand you may not be able to answer these, I may apply depending on some of the answers, to be more precise I doubt I would be what you are looking for if your looking for a triple A title artist who can make UT3 run on a mobile device :P

I also cant find a website for your company, have you got one?