Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush Vampire

Hello there. I've been working on this project for a class of mine. This was entirely sculpted and hand painted in zbrush. This is my high poly version. I would like some feedback on the overall appearance and what you think a good tri count for the low poly would be.
nosferatu_by_frozen_scumbag-d4eyiaa.jpg

Replies

• jk_virginia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey this is pretty good so far
    I like the finer detail especialy the veins under the eyelids. the eyelids themselves would not winkle like that I would try looking at some reference of older people and how wrinkles look on eyes

The thin lines on the chest are too hard edged try softening them a little bit

The detail on the back and sides of head is pretty well executed a few to many wrinkles for my taste but he has been living for an eternity haha.

The polypainting is smudgey I would look at a tutorial by scott spencer a famous zbrush artist on polypainting this should help your painting skills 100%

are the eyeballs seperate spheres? if not I would try using spheres so they are perfectly round

overall its a good start though keep it up.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I'd say you went crazy with the small details before getting the basic forms right. The skull structure isn't quit there yet. Things like the chin and cheekbones should be much more solid. Also the face feels very flat in it should be wrapping around a round skull. Also the sternomastoid should be closer to the jaw and anchor to the tip of the collar bone. I think it's a nice start but you need to focus on correct anatomy before going crazy with the division levels.

There are some free skull Ztools on Zbrushcentral you can grab if you want to see how your placement of the features are.
  • lansay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you guys. I'll get on it.