Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low/High poly Tattoo Gun

Hello all. I posted a few renders of my hight poly gun about a week ago, and have made much progress! Looking for some tips/feedback. Thanks!

LP_Final_Render_Wireframe2.jpg

Final_Render.jpg

Final_Render_LP_HP.jpg

Replies

• Pivot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pivot polycounter lvl 6
    ibh8AmfCdEAXVd.png

Currently you have a lot of detail on these small knobs and such, but not enough detail on the larger shapes. What you need is to have it the other way around-- more detail on major shapes like the body of the tattoo gun and less on everything else.

The topmost knobs, for example, have a lot of detail edges and verts on them in the lowpoly, when that stuff should more-or-less be taken care of by the normal map.
  • KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    You could have just bumped your original thread..

Anyway, I'm seeing alot of areas in the low poly where you left in geometry that could actually just be taken care of by the normal map such as the grooves on the injector piece, the little rings on the sides, the grooves on that large knob near the base, etc. Also there are a number of N-gons here and there that should be split into polygons. Optimize! ;)
  • Ravid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know it has been a while since I posted, but here is my final piece. Had some trouble with the normal mapping, but I think I managed to hide all the screwups. Well, most of them...

Capture3.jpg

Capture2.jpg