Home Unreal Engine

Journeys End

Cross posted HERE and HERE

Journeys End (
Short film)

7 minute animated short based on an original script, a tale of mystery, love and magic, featuring a full cast of heroes, villains and dragons, together with some very unpleasant creatures. A (hopefully) original take on the classic quest story, due for release in early 2012.

OK, it's pretty ambitious, I admit. Much like Chadam and Lazy Town, I intend to use UDK to create a short film, using all the effects I can muster on a pretty powerful system to be able to run it at 24-30fps as an executable and record it in real-time. For those of you who might have seen my various "I wanna pony" wishlist ramblings for real-time GI, this is why smile.png

Character design is in full swing, so this thread will be updated when I get time with various shots as I get them done. Ultimately I want to release the project, give walkthroughs of shader design if requested, and anything else one might want.

To whet your appetites, here is the first character, The Ancient Warrior. Crits are expected (and hoped for) since I want this to be as good as I can possibly make it!

AncientWarrior.jpg

Have at it! More images will be posted in the coming hours and days, then the real work will begin.

================================
(P.S. Yes, the lack of apostrophe in "Journeys" is intentional...wink.png)

Replies