Home Unreal Engine

3 textures blending, lerps are not working

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
bugo polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys, I got that shader of doing 2 blends like Uncharted 2 does, and I have the shader working fine. But what if I want to add another color vert channel for doing another pass? So... I did try too, but whenever I keep adding lerps unreal gives me some weird shapes going on. It's kinda powering/clamping the verts instead of the pixels.

1zqssyb.jpg

Anybody have any idea what that could be? Or if it's not possible to do 3 inputs blend that way, is there another method?

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    It's a known limitation with shaders, but if you're lerping as I think you are, then you could in theory use the CMY color set from your vertex color to 'marry' the parts that are clamping away from each other.

Try painting in Red and Then in Green and see which color 'runs' away from the other color. Select yellow, and (IIRC) it should pull back the Green towards the Red value.

The only problem with this is 3 texture blend method is that your can run out of texture space very quickly (current limit in UDK is 15 samples IIRC).
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Ace-Angel, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by getting the yellow.

I'm at home at the moment, but whenever I get at work I will get a screenshot of the material.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Just select Yellow from the Vertex Painter and see what happens when you paint that color on your mesh.

And yeah, a SS of your material would help :)