Home Unreal Engine

Deforming Skeletal Mesh in Mobile Preview? can anyone help please?

pocoster
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
pocoster polycounter lvl 5
Hey there everyone,

I believe i have run into something that is possibly a rather noobish error by myself, nevertheless i wonder if any one of you awesome people can tell me where ive gone wrong.

IN PC
screenshot00005h.png

IN MOBILE PREVIEWER
screenshot00003rx.png

The character works fine in PC display and in play from here, but once started in the mobile previewer i get this issue?!? Which judging from the deformation, naturally causes me to believe that my rig is the culprit :-(. If anyone has encountered this before and has a fix, then i could sure do with your help.

Many Thanks

pocoster

Replies

• thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    I have no idea, but perhaps it has something to do with the amount of influences any one joint does on vertices? perhaps the mobile previewer only allows for 4 or so influences while you perhaps skinned it with a default number that was higher or never really clamped your weights?
  • agentfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator is right, I had this issue in my game, and it has to do with number of influences per vertex. Maya even if you say 2 and start painting and smoothing it will change to like 5 so you have to clean up the weights later with prune weights or something like that.
  • pocoster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the replies. I read else where that its to do with the influences and though i know how to do this in Maya im not entirely sure how to do it in max ill look into it a bit more. Thanks thatanimator and agentfx.
  • pocoster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resolved it.. just had to change the bone affect limit.
    For future reference everyone, its this in max.
    screenshot00001nn.png
    once again thanks all...