Home Technical Talk

zbrush 4 texture import issues

badzee28
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
badzee28 polycounter lvl 6
Hello! I was curious if anyone would be able to perhaps help me, I've encountered an issue with zbrush where I am unable to import any texture or alpha maps. When I click the "import" button on the menu, nothing actually happens. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or I am simply doing something incorrectly.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Does this happen no matter which method you try (the big texture button on the default layout, file > texture > import, and texture > import) ? Have you used a dual-monitor setup recently where maybe it is trying to pop open the dialog window outside your current monitor?
  • badzee28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    badzee28 polycounter lvl 6
    Yep, it fails to do anything no matter what menu or button I use. Also, if I forget to hit the edit button before I do something else, say rotating the mesh, then the edit button won't turn on. I don't know if this is normal or not either, but it won't allow me to export an obj unless the file is saved. I'm unfortunately not cool enough to have a dual monitor setup :D
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If edit isn't on then you can't rotate a mesh at all. It's possible that attempting to do so would result in drawing on the document instead, in which case it would make sense that there is nothing left to edit. If that happens just clear the document with ctrl+n and redraw the tool, then enter edit mode.

The import window eludes me though, especially if it persists even after restarting zbrush / your machine. If your lightbox opens you can try finding the files through it (double-click them to import and load them). Otherwise you could try adding the images to the startup directory so that they import when zbrush loads.
  • kovalev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's problem with your directory, it's not in english, so import image is failing to load. Just move the image to the desktop, and load it from there.