Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Forming a team - details inside

Hello everyone, my name is Dustin and I first want to let you all know that I am new to the game/development community. I have always had a lot of interest and inspirations however I lacked the motivation to jump into the scene and try something new. First let me tell you about what I'm looking for before I go into too much background.

I am looking for people who are reliable, consistent, dedicated, and fun loving to form a team for my game project. I need people who know code, are artists, but are also visionaries. People who are serious about starting something and plan to see it through to the end.

The project I want to start doesn't really have a name yet, but I plan for it to be a 2d or 3d game for computer using a graphic design similar to Bastion. I would like to explore game-play elements and concepts taken from games like Pokemon, Neopets, Recettear, and Dungeons and Dragons. Exploring themes such as dungeon exploration, shop/merchant organization, pet training, and creative and illusive items spread throughout an expansive world. However, I want to retain simplicity and hold true to my target audience of young adults because I'm tired of seeing game environments such as this being swarmed by the massive amount of young children (*cough* neopets). I don't have a lot of details fleshed out yet, so I want to form a team with interest in this subject to form an idea and then go forth with it.

The project will be divided into phases and goals will be set for each phase as progress continues.

Phase 1: brainstorming (concepts, ideas, goal setting, planning, and organizing of team)

Phase 2: concept and theories (exploring concepts with art, more brain storming, research)

Phase 3: application (writing, imaging, engine and mechanics of game)

Phase 4: review (re-writing, 'trimming fat', double checking, reviewing goals)

If you are interested in joining a team such as this then go ahead and post on the forum and I'll send you my e-mail addy/contact infp and we can start brainstorming in real time via a chat/messenger client.

Replies