Home Technical Talk

[MaxScript] Patanouk 1.13

title.jpg

Patanouk is a free asset manager for 3dsMax.
Easy to use, with its sleek graphical interface, Patanouk is perfectly adapted for any development pipeline or for private asset management.
Feel free to request any new feature via the built-in Feedback window, this Polycount page, the ScriptSpot page or patanouk.feedback@gmail.com, I'll be pleased to improve Patanouk.

Description :
- Intended for easy storing and browsing 3D objects into a library.
- Automatically creates a preview for the objects you add into your library.
- Only need a couple of clicks to manage your library (Add, Rename, Move, Delete, Edit, Replace, ...)
- Saves a lot of time avoiding the artist to manually export the object, check the bitmaps paths or even creating the preview.
- Designed to be easily upgraded with each of your needs.
- Docked version, for mono-screen workstations.

Additional features :
- Drag&Drop installation, just put the installation file into 3dsMax, watch and... it's done.
- One-for-all-version installation file, it'll always get the latest version from the internet.
- Auto updatable, automatically checks for the latest version and installs it if there is one.
- Built-in improvement tracking windows, you can send Feedbacks from Patanouk and/or check my todo list, the changelog and the reported bugs directly from Patanouk.

How to install Patanouk :
Just download the attached installation file and drag&drop it into 3dsMax. You can keep this same installation file forever.

How to start Patanouk :
There are two possibilities :
1 - You just click on Patanouk in the main menu bar of 3dsMax on the top of your screen.
2 - You can add a Patanouk button to any toolbar via the toolbar management. ( Customize -> Customize User Interface -> Toolbars, category Raphick)

What changed in version 1.14 :
- Added tooltips.

Screens :

patanoukmainui_1.13.jpg

patanoukmainuidocked_1.13.jpg

Version Requirement: Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 or higher, 32 or 64bit
Other Software Required: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher

[size=+2]DOWNLOAD HERE[/size]

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    YT video from the scriptspot page:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geC2q2NDxzU&feature=player_embedded"]Patanouk Installation - YouTube[/ame]

would be nice to see some video showing it in action
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I haven't tried it yet (no uninstaller = no installation). But from the screenshots I fear the UI booth design and screen space wise. If its supposed to be a production or productivity tool then compact screenspace is very important for many professionals, same with non- distracting colours or design - what a artist works on should come first, tools and visual aids 2nd for a UI.
  • raphick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, there is an uninstaller now, I included it in the latest update :)
    I also compacted the UI and corrected dock version as Othoap suggested for the screen real estate.

It is always improvable though :)
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It would be nice to see what it actually does in a video, or even show screenshots if possible :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like it has a lot of potential and now that it has an uninstaller I'll check it out too in a few min.

I agree it would help greatly to see some demonstration videos or further explanations in picture form? Artists are notoriously visual creatures. It looks like you've put a TON of work into this and a little more work in the documentation and promotion would make sure that hard work gets the proper exposure.

EDIT:
    Ok, installed and started playing around with it and I have some feedback.

- Tooltips would be helpful, I don't like clicking on icons to see what they do.

- Need to click OK or Cancel twice, once I assume to select the new pop up window then another time to select option?

- I can add things to the library, but I can't seem to get things from the library into the scene I'm working on. I can't drag and drop, clicking the gear opens up a new scene with just that object, without saving the old scene I was working in?
  • raphick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I also thought it wasn't clear enough without tooltips. I've already began to work on it, it could be part of a micro-update soon.

I haven't found any way to solve the double click on button problem. Max always loses focus of the new window. I'll keep searching.

To add an object from the library to the current scene, you need to click on the button with the curved arrow. This will be more obvious once the tooltips will be implemented.

i really hope i'll be able to release this update tonight at max 21.30(GMT+1).

cheerz
  • raphick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated to version 1.14 with tooltips.

Cheerz! :)