Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Ghostscape

Ghostscape
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
Looking to trim and clean up my portfolio, I put it together recently after not having one for quite a while. I feel I don't do enough art at home and hoped maybe re-establishing my online presence would help spur it on since I'd have a place to put any new personal work.

www.ghostscape.com

There is a ton of content on there and I know I need to cut, but I don't know what I need to cut. I also feel I'm probably not showing my best work on RFA.

I'd appreciate any critique or advice.

Thanks!

Here's a teaser:
ghostscape_mining_exo_1.jpg

Replies

• dpaynter26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
    I'm not one for normally scrolling through a portfolio just to see how far it is to the bottom but i did on yours, maybe try having the images as thumbnails to be clicked on? same with the videos, just have a small description under the thumbnail and have it categorized a bit better and that will help with alot of the "clutter" so to speak
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, you have so much work! :) So I second dpaynter26's advice. Also, my favorite piece is your personal project, but it is all the way at the bottom! Maybe find a way to showcase it better ^_^
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    Here's some thoughts, hopefully they make sense. I may have edited things down too much, but some of the pieces seem much stronger than others probably due to importance in the game. Hopefully it'll help! :)
    ghostscape_mining_exo_1.jpg
    ghostscape_mining_exo_2.jpg
    ghostscape_mining_exo_3.jpg
    ghostscape_mining_exo_4.jpg - Maybe condense these last two so you have the high poly on a single image

(remove video or put it somewhere else)

ghostscape_grenade_launcher.jpg

(remove video) - doesn't show off the weapon very well anyway
    (remove heavy walker and magnet gun images and movies) - designs aren't as appealing as some of the others

ghostscape_shotgun_marmo.jpg - I'd put the finished asset first, then show the concept and high poly breakdown
    ghostscape_shotgun_concept.jpg
    ghostscape_shotgun_high.jpg

(remove shotgun video or put it somewhere else)
    (remove light walker images and video) - still don't love the design. I guess you could keep one of the walkers, but I think your other textures are better overall.

ghostscape_rfa_guns.jpg

(remove everything up to ghostscape_rfg_wep18.jpg) - previously shown guns look higher quality.

ghostscape_rfg_wep18.jpg

(remove everything up to ghostscape_rfg_walker_02.jpg)

ghostscape_rfg_walker_02.jpg

(remove textured walker images)

ghostscape_dread_1.jpg
    ghostscape_dread_2.jpg
    ghostscape_dread_3.jpg

Nice work btw!
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    Impressive work!
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Hey man I saw your stuff over on SA, you have such a meaty portfolio! :D

If I where you I would cut out alot of the assets further down that have some blurry textures and some less than stellar renders. Mainly the backpacks and a few of the low poly guns, as well as probably the Digger footed walker.

I think you need to get alot of your stuff rendered in a nicer realtime renderer like the RFA engine, Xoliul's shader or Marmoset. It's the renders letting you down.